Art Souterrain is a non profit organization which aims to provide a wider accessibility to contemporary art since 2009. With the will to demystify the artistic process and artworks, the organization implements long term initiatives to cultivate an understanding and to create a bound between an artwork and its audience.
To achieve its ends, Art Souterrain is based on a strong model with the main intention of getting artworks out of traditionnel exhibition places. By doing so, the organization wants to surprise everyone in its daily life and to bring a new kind of interaction, governed by questioning and emotion.
Awards and Recognigtions
- Silver BOMA Award : 2014 best Canadian exhibition
- 2012 and 2013 finalist of Grand Prix du Tourisme de Montréal
- 2012 Audience Award by Conseil des Arts de Montréal for the exhibition “Declic”
- 2011 finalist of Grand Prix du Conseil des Arts de Montréal
- 2010 Best event of The Montreal centre_ville Award